For over 20 years, Liscio’s Bakery has been baking bread, rolls, pastries, and cakes with unmatched quality and unbeatable flavor. In addition to our hearth-baked bread and rolls, we also provide a wide variety of desserts to restaurants, retail outlets, country clubs, and the area’s best sandwich shops! Liscio’s Bakery is still a family-run business, and we still strive every day for the same quality, consistency, and enthusiasm that was used to bake our very first loaf of bread.
About the role
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
- Answers phones for the HR and Administrative departments.
- Handles employment application intake.
- Enters Paycom new hires, assist employees with Paycom
- Assist with internal audits, termination process
- Back-Up as Intake WC Injuries, follow up appointments
- Back-Up as Employee Relations Resolutions
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Reviews and tracks performance evaluations.
- Maintains confidential personnel files, DOT log, and personnel actions.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists with HR projects.
- Assists with benefits administration, compliance-related manners
- Assist in Open Enrollment Benefits
- Assists with recruiting functions, scheduling interviews, conducting orientation
- Assist in Updating Maintaining job postings on recruiting platforms/advertisement processes.
- Assist in Updating Headcount recruiting logs accordingly
- Serve as liaison between the staffing agency and WH/Plant/Retail to assist in filling dept. needs
- Assist in phone screening candidates and selecting qualified candidates
- Assist in scheduling interviews appointments between the qualified candidates and the hiring manager.
- Assist in Coordinating orientation schedule with HR trainer and HR department.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and plant environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Occasional overtime hours may be required.
Local travel to various worksites is required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of HR Experience or office administrative support experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous Human Resources experience.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential or other certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour