Our professional Cake Decorators incorporate aesthetics and creativity into their work. They decorate beautiful cakes, pies, pastries, and other sweet products according to company policy and customer preference. Attention to detail is particularly important for Cake Decorators because Liscio's Bakery has high standards for product safety, food safety, and associate safety. Our Decorators are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Ices, decorates, packages, labels, and prices products for island refrigerator cases.
- Ices, decorates, trays, and maintains product in freezer and refrigerated showcases.
- Fills customer special orders, including wedding cakes.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Operates the Bakery department mixer.
- Organizes and rotates stock in the Decorator’s freezer.
- Trains other associates as needed.
- Assists with the delivery and setup of wedding cakes as needed.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
Cake Decorators perform their duties primarily in the Bakery. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work involves walking, standing, bending, and lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds. Duties also include repetitive arm and hand movements and hand-squeezing for at least 85% of the workday.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of cake decorating.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to pass a Skills Bench Test prior to the start of employment