For over 20 years, Liscio’s Bakery has been baking breads, rolls, pastries and cakes with unmatched quality and unbeatable flavor. In addition to our hearth-baked bread and rolls, we also provide a wide variety of desserts to restaurants, retail outlets, country clubs and the area’s best sandwich shops! Liscio’s Bakery is still a family-run business, and we still strive every day for the same quality, consistency and enthusiasm that was used to bake our very first loaf of bread.
About the role
The maintenance mechanic maintains production and quality by ensuring the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment in a bakery environment. You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate parts and systems to fulfill their requirements. You will be responsible for the maintenance of systems from installation to end-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs as part of a larger team.
Schedule: AM and PM SHIFTS AVAILABLE (Must be flexible)
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.'
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ year experience as a Maintenance technician, and willingness to continue education in the Maintenance field.
- 3+ years experience as and Bakery Mechanical technician, and willingness to continue education in the Maintenance field with valid references.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Valid driver's license
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills and strong independent work ethic.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour